Sustainable Development Goals and Governance Webinar
This Webinar was hosted by Professor Omneya Abdelsalam (Durham University), Professor Ahmet Aysan (Istanbul Sehir University), Professor Mehmet Fatih Aysan (Marmara University). The event showcased a variety of research presentations by both students and Academics related to the SDGs. This includes:
- Dilek Kutucu, Marmara University, “Sustainable Development Goals & Governance in Istanbul Chamber of Industry”
- Ayça Fettahoğlu, Marmara University, “Sustainable Development Goals & Governance in Istanbul Chamber of Commerce”
- Masoud Rahmani, Istanbul Şehir University, “The role of Afghanistan Central Bank and Financial Institution’s to Implementation of SDGs”
- Raza Rashid, Istanbul Şehir University, “Sustainable Development Goals in Tourism & Hospitality Industry”
- Elif Şentürk, Istanbul Şehir University, “Relevancy between UN Sustainable Development Goals and Grant Programs of European Commission and Istanbul Development Agency Case Study: Cities-4-People Project”
- Leyla Hasanova, Istanbul Şehir University, “Sustainable Development Goals in The Fashion Industry”
- Amal Moustafa Kikhia, Istanbul Şehir University, “In Quest For Development: Microfinance During Political Uncertainty; Case Study From” Syria
- Hasan Isıkdoğan, Istanbul Şehir University, Research on Kuveyturk Participation Bank and SDGs.
Professor Omneya Abdelsalam also presented her research related to the measurement of SDGs. In particular, her research focuses on the measurement of Turkey’s contribution to SDGs as well as the contribution of Turkish Firms.
Overall, the event was a big success with over 200 students in attendance. Moreover, the event demonstrated the number of students who were influenced by the SDG workshops delivered by the SDG implementation Network since March 2019.
Please contact us here if you would like to receive any of the presentations listed above.