Sustainable Development Goals and Governance Webinar
This Webinar was hosted by Professor Omneya Abdelsalam (Durham University) and Professor Ahmet Aysan (Istanbul Sehir University) and sponsored by the Newton Fund, Durham University, OSTIM Technical University and Ibn Haldun University. The event concluded the Newton Fund project which has been running since March 2019 to raise awareness on SDG implementation and progress measurement. The event showcased a variety of research presentations related to SDGs by both students and Academics from various universities including Durham University, Ostim Technical University, Ibn Haldun University, Istanbul Medipol University, Marmara University, Istanbul Ticaret University, Ozyegin University, Abdullah Gul University and Karabuk University.
- Carol Adams, Durham University: The UN SDGs – An Opportunity and a Challenge
- Prof. Mehmet Babacan, Central Bank of Turkey; Istanbul Medipol University: Economics of Philanthropic Institutions, Regulation and Governance in Turkey
- Nurullah Gür, Istanbul Medipol University: Trust and Pro-Environmental Behaviour
- Omneya Abdelsalam, Durham University: Does Corporate Sustainability Performance reduce its Market Volatility?: Evidence from a Global sample
- Erol Yarar, MUSIAD: The Sustainable Development Goals and MUSIAD
- Mohamed Fouad Bergigui, SDI Global Consultancy: Blockchain Paths in Rebooting the Global Response to the Sustainable Development Goals after COVID-19
- Mustafa K. Yılmaz & Dounia Chlyeh, Ibn Haldun University: Unraveling the relationship between renewable energy and financial performance: Developed versus developing countries
- Nihat Gümüş, Ibn Haldun University: Islamic finance and SDGs: Implications for International Development Institutions
- Fatih Pişkin, Istanbul Development Agency: Sustainable Development goals and Istanbul Development Agency
- Mehmet Dolgan, Istanbul Chamber of Industry: Istanbul Chamber of Industry and Sustainability Approaches
- Alperen Manisalıgil, Marmara University: The use of benevolent leadership development to advance principles of responsible management education
- Masoud Shahmanzari, Istanbul Ticaret University: Artificial Intelligence and & Machine Learning for Sustainable Healthcare
- Prof. Nagihan Çömez Dolgan, Özyeğin University: The effects of sustainable operations practices on preventing financial distress
- Burak Öztemel, Istanbul Chamber of Commerce: SDGs and the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
- Guanming He, Durham University: Does CEO Inside Debt Mitigate Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Elif Şentürk, Istanbul Sehir University: Relevancy between UN Sustainable Development Goals and Cities-4-People Project
- Hasibe Aysan, OSTIM Technical University: Sustainability Perspective in Legitimation of Traditional and Complementary Medicine
- Ali Yavuız Polat, Abdullah Gül University: Is leverage a substitute or outcome for governance? Evidence from financial crises
- Leyla Hasanova, Istanbul Sehir University: Sustainable Development Goals in The Fashion Industry
- Ayça Fettahoğlu, Marmara University: Sustainable Development Goals & Governance in Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
- Hasan Tekin, Karabük University: Cash Holdings and Governance in Financial Crises
The event was attended by academics and students from both the UK and Turkey who thoroughly enjoyed and benefitted from learning about the latest research on SDGs.
Please contact us here if you would like to receive any of the presentations listed above.